Take your favorite appetizer – spinach artichoke dip – and turn it into dinner with this lasagna recipe.
- ½ pkg. (16-oz.) lasagna noodles
- 2 pkgs. (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 pkgs. (10-oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (14-oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray 9”x13” baking dish; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions to al dente. Drain; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, half & half, spinach, artichokes, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In prepared pan spread about 1 cup of the spinach mixture in a thin layer on bottom. Top with a single layer of noodles, dollop with 1/3 spinach artichoke mixture, half the chicken and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of pasta, 1/3 spinach artichoke mixture, remaining chicken and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of pasta, remaining spinach artichoke mixture and remaining cheese.
- Cover pan with foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10-15 minutes until brown around edges. Allow to rest 10-15 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
A rotisserie chicken from the deli section of the store is a quick and easy way to get cooked chicken for the recipe.