Cheesy potatoes have long been a favorite on holiday tables, and this slow-cooker recipe makes them especially easy to make. Layering baby reds with salty bacon, spicy jalapeño, green onions and parsley, then topping it off with rich sour cream makes for an amazing side dish!
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 6 hrs.
Total Time: 6 hrs. 20 min.
Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups Kroger Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup cooked bacon, crumbled (about 6 slices)
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. red jalapeño pepper, minced, seeded if desired
- Fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Sour cream
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- In prepared slow cooker, layer about one-third each of potatoes, garlic, cheese, bacon, onions and the jalapeño. Repeat layering to use up ingredients; cover. Cook 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle potatoes with parsley and additional sliced green onions. Serve with sour cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 230, Calories from Fat 90, Total Fat 10g (15% DV), Saturated Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 30mg (10% DV), Sodium 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates 23g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 20%, Iron 4%.