This potato and squash casserole is a healthy side dish option that still packs big flavor.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 70 min. | Serves: 6-9 | Difficulty: Medium
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, washed
- 2 russet potatoes, washed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 7”x11” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the squash and potatoes into very thin slices. Toss with olive oil and layer a third of the squash and potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with half of the goat cheese evenly. Repeat this process again, while also seasoning with half of the salt and pepper. Finish by layering the final third of the vegetables and topping with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk over the entire dish and top with the Parmesan cheese. Bake with foil over the dish for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 15-20 more minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil after removing the dish from the oven.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 130, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 11g (4% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.