This elegant appetizer also works as a side dish. It can be served hot or cold.
Cook Time: (X) min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. thyme, chopped, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. sherry
Directions:View Party Plan: Countdown To New Year’s Celebration Dinner
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush muffin tin and sheets of phyllo pastry lightly with melted butter.
- Crumple each sheet loosely into a 4" round shape.
- Gently press each round into a muffin tin cup.
- Bake the pastry for about 8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, thyme, pinch of salt, pepper and sherry; stir-fry over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into phyllo cups.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme.