Try this perfect tasty combination of butter, herbs, lime and steak.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 4-6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ lbs. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. Montreal seasoning
- Canola oil
- In bowl, combine butter, parsley, cilantro and lime juice with a spatula. Blend well to distribute ingredients.
- Spoon compound butter onto wax paper; roll paper around butter to form a rough cylinder. Twist ends to secure butter (about 6”x1¼” diameter).
- Refrigerate butter until chilled, at least 2 hours. Slice into 8-10 slices.
- Lightly brush grill with canola oil and preheat to high. When grill is hot, grill flank steak covered 10-14 minutes turning once (or until internal temperature reaches 160°F). Season with Montreal seasoning. Place four slices compound butter on top of steak once turned.
- Cover meat and let set 3-5 minutes. Slice meat against the grain. Serve with remaining compound butter slices on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 640, Calories from Fat 480, Total Fat 54g (83% DV), Saturated Fat 33g (165% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 225mg (75% DV), Sodium 1530mg (64% DV), Carbohydrates 6g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 0g, Protein 37g, Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%.