Treat your Galentines to refreshing fruit pastries that are filled with flavor and a kiss of sweetness.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 35 min. | Serves: 10 | Difficulty: Medium
- 6 oz. Kroger™ Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 small gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Coarse sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple or currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Flour your workspace and unfold the puff pastry sheets. Lightly roll the pastry with a rolling pin. Use a 3 ½"-4" round cookie cutter and cut four circles from each pastry sheet. Reroll remaining pastry and cut out two additional circles.
- Transfer the pastry circles onto the prepared baking sheets. Lightly score a circular border ¼" from the edges and prick the centers of each pastry with a fork.
- Spread a portion of the cream cheese mixture inside the border of each pastry then top with the apple slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden and puffed.
- Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Microwave jelly in a cup, brush on apple slices to glaze.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 360, Calories from Fat 220, Total Fat 25g (38% DV), Saturated Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 28g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 6g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.