Don’t worry if you break an egg on its way onto the plate. A creamy yolk makes the surrounding ingredients taste even better.
Cook Time: (X) min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. milk
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bread, thick-sliced
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon, flaked
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:View Party Plan: Ring in the New Year Brunch
- In a bowl combine yogurt, milk, and lemon juice.
- Lightly grease a saucepan with cooking oil. Fill pan halfway with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Break one egg into a cup and carefully slide egg into water.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top each bread slice with salmon or bacon.
- Top with egg, then top with yogurt mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.