Granola bars can be simple to make—and you can make them your signature bars by changing the nuts, dried fruits and other add-ins.
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. flax or chia seeds
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup agave or local honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8”x8” baking dish with cooking spray. Heat oven to 325°F.
- Spread the oats, coconut and almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown (being careful not to burn). Remove from oven, stir in the cranberries and seeds, and set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the brown sugar, agave/honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Cook over medium heat until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Pour toasted oat mixture into saucepan with brown sugar mixture and stir together well until coated and combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, pressing down so it’s even and mixture stays together. Allow to cool completely.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate chips and drizzle over mixture; allow chocolate to cool and set, then cut into bars to serve.
Per serving: Calories 460, Calories from Fat 150, Total Fat 18g (28% DV), Saturated Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 67g (22% DV), Dietary Fiber 10g (40% DV), Sugars 26g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%.