An easy to make healthy meal packed with quinoa, chicken, greens and fresh lemon flavor!
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), flattened and cut into 1” cubes
- ½ cup red bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup green bell peppers, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, combine cilantro, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- In 1 quart saucepan, cook quinoa by mixing quinoa and chicken broth. Let simmer. Turn heat to low. Cook until chicken broth is absorbed. Fluff quinoa with fork.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a 12” non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes turning them until chicken has a light brown sear. Continue cooking for about 6-8 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook stirring frequently for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add chicken, vegetables, cranberries and cilantro-lime dressing. Combine well.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 450, Calories from Fat 160, Total Fat 19g (29% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 1090mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates 40g (13% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 33g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.