Created by: Greggy Soriano, Greggy’s Digest
Getting your healthy self in gear this new year? How about starting off with a yummy dish that will make dieting a dream? These Cashew Lime Lettuce Wraps are guilt-free and oh-so-good!
- 1 package Simple Truth Organic® Romaine Hearts
- 1 lb. Simple Truth® Free-Range Chicken Breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic® Refined Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of white onions, chopped
- ¼ cup Simple Truth® Free-Range Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Simple Truth® Baby Bella and White Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Simple Truth® Natural Curry Cashews, chopped
- ¼ cup Simple Truth® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Simple Truth® Chives, minced
- 3 limes, squeezed
- 3 Tbsp. Simple Truth® Tamari
- Separate and wash the romaine hearts. Dry them with a paper towel and set aside. If you're not serving immediately, place the romaine in the refrigerator to chill. Be sure to wash your hands, tables and cutting boards first to avoid cross-contamination.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour in a separate bowl. Lightly coating the chicken in flour adds flavor from browning and an automatic thickener for the sauce.
- Melt 3 tablespoons coconut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the white onions until they're translucent. Add the minced garlic.
- Immediately add the chicken to the wok or skillet. Make sure the pieces are separated and avoid crowding. Doing this avoids steaming and allows the chicken to brown.
- Place the mushrooms in the pan and sauté until cooked.
- Add the lime juice, 3 tablespoons tamari and the chicken broth. Simmer to reduce the liquid until it reaches the desired thickness. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add most of the cashews, leaving about 2 tablespoons aside.
- Serve leaves of romaine lettuce on a plate with a separate bowl of Cashew Lime Chicken. Garnish with minced chives and the rest of the cashews.
Cheers to a happy and healthy new year! Enjoy!