Created by: Emily Caruso, Jelly Toast
This Caprese Frittata is a twist on classic caprese salad flavor – tomato, basil and mozzarella – that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. You can even make it ahead the night before and reheat in the morning!
15 minutes | Prep time: 10 minutes | Serves: 6
- 8 Simple Truth® Eggs
- ¼ cup Simple Truth® Fat-Free Milk
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 Simple Truth® basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12” oven-proof skillet (cast iron works well). Add the tomatoes and stir, cooking until they begin to soften. Add the basil and stir briefly. Pour in the egg mixture and stir with a spatula for 1 minute, allowing the eggs to cook slightly. Top the frittata with mozzarella cheese and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and the frittata is puffed and golden. Cut the frittata and serve.